Banana Walnut Bread
Well, when you have bananas delivered by Amazon Prime and forgot you already had some at home, you make Banana Bread! Contrast to my previous post, this is one of the very few things I consistently bake to accompany my coffee on the go! The bread is moist and soft with an added crunch of walnuts. I hope you enjoy this staple and try baking it at home!
4 overly ripe bananas (1 for garnish on top of batter)
2 medium eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 dollop of sour cream (for that extra moist touch)
1. Begin by preheating oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and greasing a loaf pan.
2. Melt butter and sugar in a bowl in the microwave and remove. Mash the bananas with a fork in a separate bowl and add vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, flour, beaten eggs, sour cream, and milk. Add in the butter and sugar combination. Stir until batter is smooth!
3. Pour batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan and add banana slices on top as garnish.
4. Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden.
5. Cool for 20 minutes and serve!
When I typically make this recipe, my bread is usually good for a week when stored in the fridge but you can also store at room temperature for a few days (2-4) as well. Enjoy :)