Coffee Protein Smoothie with Cinnamon
This has been one of my all-time favorite recipes for years and I am beyond excited to share it with you. When I embarked on the journey of strength-building in 2015, I began to incorporate supplemental protein into my diet and struggled with how to do it in a way that was delicious and not substituting an entire meal.
Being a coffee lover, I thought to add protein into my daily fix with some ice on a hot summer morning for my commute to work. Over time, I have refined different variations of this creation and ecstatic to share the original on the blog! I would highly recommend the Nespresso if you are looking for an unmatched coffee/espresso experience and love my Ninja for any sort of compact blending needed in the kitchen! Enjoy our coffee protein smoothie with cinnamon recipe below!
Coffee Protein Smoothie With Cinnamon
- 1 shot espresso (or 2 oz. of coffee)
- 1 c coconut milk (soy milk, almond, regular can also work)
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 ice cubes
- Brew the espresso or coffee of your choice. Set aside.
- In a blender, toss in milk, protein powder, cinnamon, ice and lastly espresso/coffee.
- Blend until preferred consistency is achieved, add additional ice for more thickness.
- Make ahead tip: Blend without ice and store in a pitcher in the fridge. Add ice when ready to drink!