Garlic Butter Zoodles aka Zucchini Noodles
I have a confession to make...I am an avid carb lover. If I don't have my once-a-day allotment, Neal can attest to my very obvious change in demeanor which consists of pure grouchiness and transitions into a grieving cycle. With that being said, you can imagine how much I love pasta. So, take it from me that jumping on the zoodle train was accompanied by some initial hesitation and skepticism. Although, I have to say...it did not disappoint! This low calorie option is a healthy alternative that I am ready to incorporate into our lifestyle. A cup of spaghetti is around 210 calories whereas Zoodles (drumroll please!) comes out to about 30-40 calories!
Now, I cannot replace pasta with this entirely. But, I am thinking meal prep during the week or those healthy dinners post-workout. I have to recommend the OXO spiralizer I purchased from Target that comes with 3 different blades! I created the Zoodles with the provided Fettuccini blade from this set!
Garlic Butter Zoodles
Prep time: 10
Cook time: 5
- 2 large zucchinis (ours were about 10 inches long)
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese
- Begin by chopping off both sides of the zucchini to insert into the spiralizer. Spiralize both zucchinis entirely and trim the curly strands into more manageable sizes for eating.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat and add the butter and garlic.
- Sautee for 1 minute until garlic is golden in color.
- Toss in the zucchini spirals and cook for 5-6 minutes until 'al dente'.
- To avoid overcooking the zucchini and becoming mushy, taste test if you are unsure.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese!