Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
As we shift into brisk evenings with fleece throws, the best thing that comes into mind is a hearty, homemade soup. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe was created for the Instant Pot so you can throw in the ingredients and forget about it! And if you have kids, well you know they love anything with cheese….so it’s a sneaky, yet delicious way to incorporate some veggies. Enjoy!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup (Instant Pot)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 Tb butter
- 4 c broccoli florets
- 3.5 c chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 c carrots, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 c flour
- 1/2 c half and half
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dill
- 3.5 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- Select Saute on your Instant Pot and add butter, onions, and shredded carrots, cooking until onions are translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in garlic and flour until well mixed, then add in broth. Stir well until smooth and toss in broccoli.
- Cover and change setting on Instant Pot to High Pressure. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure, turn off Instant Pot, and uncover.
- Add salt, paprika, dill, and mix.
- Stir in half and half and cheddar cheese until completely melted and serve with homemade garlic bread!