Gourmet Meal Prep: Our Breakfast Frittata
On the weekdays, many of our friends opt for breakfast on the go (quickly grabbing a protein or energy bar on their way out) or skip it altogether in order to savor those extra precious moments of sleep. After all, who has the time to cook a lavish breakfast every morning? Well, we created a delicious and healthy frittata for you and all you need is ten minutes on a Sunday.
Note: You can use greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream in this recipe.
Our Breakfast Frittata
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 12 eggs
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/2 roasted red bell pepper
- 2 Tb sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 stalks scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together 12 eggs and sour cream until fully combined.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and thoroughly mix.
- Pour the egg mixture into a oven safe pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until egg is fully cooked and no residue is left when knife is inserted in the middle.
Voila! You are set for the week! Now, cut up your frittata into slices and store separately in the fridge for each day. Then slightly warm in the microwave while getting ready and eat during your commute. This is what we call gourmet meal prep, my friends!
As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day- making it key to maintaining a healthy weight. This protein-rich frittata will help you prevent unhealthy snacking later in the day and the aroma will make your coworkers jealous! All you need is your coffee on the side and you are ready to take on the day!
Seize the day (with breakfast),