I could have a Snickerdoodle cookie at any time of the day---it is my favorite and perfect as we go into fall. What's even better? Having the cookie in breakfast form! Enjoy my Snickerdoodle Muffin recipe!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 18 Muffins
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1.5 c sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 2.25 c flour
- 1.5 c sour cream
- 2 Tb. cinnamon
- .5 c sugar (for sprinkling)
- Grease a muffin pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl on low speed until fluffy.
- Add in vanilla extract and one egg at a time, continuing to beat the batter on low speed.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour.
- Alternate adding the flour and sour cream with electric mixer to the batter mixture until smooth.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add batter to greased muffin pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and finish by sprinkling all muffins thoroughly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool for 15 minutes and serve!