The Fabulous Fish Taco Recipe
Nothing says summer like fish tacos that are battered up and golden fried to perfection with cabbage slaw for that beautiful added crunch. We opted for a Sriracha Mayo dressing because we can never get enough of that tangy and spicy drizzle! Enjoy our light and easy fish taco recipe below!
The Fabulous Fish Taco
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
2 fish fillets
1 cup flour
1 tbsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
3 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup mayo
2 tbsp sriracha sauce
4 flour soft taco tortillas
1. Begin mixing dry ingredients together including the flour, dried dill, garlic powder, and paprika. In a separate bowl, whisk the two eggs. Slice the fish fillets into large strips and dry thoroughly with paper towel.
2. Heat about 3 cups of vegetable oil to medium-high heat. Batter the fish by first coating with the egg mixture then tossing in flour mixture until completely covered. Make sure the oil is hot enough by testing with a small piece of batter: if it immediately sizzles, it is ready. If it immediately burns, the oil is too hot and you should lower heat. Slowly add the battered fish to the heated oil.
3. After 2 minutes, carefully flip the fillets. Fry for another two minutes until both sides are golden brown. Note: We used a thinner cut of fish and you may need to adjust your frying time depending on the size of the fillet.
4. Once the fish is fried, place on a cooling rack or paper towels. While the fish is cooling, mix together shredded purple cabbage, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Then, slice the ripe avocado for later use.
5. To make the sriracha mayo, combine specified amounts mayo and sriracha and a splash of lemon juice. Assemble taco by combining cabbage, sliced avocado, and fish into a tortilla. Top with sriracha mayo and serve!
One of our most favorite food phrases in Spanish is Sobremesa which is literally defined as "over the table" but represents so much more. Sobremesa can be perfectly described as, "The leisurely time after we've finished eating, but before we get up from the table. Time spent in conversation, digesting, relaxing, enjoying. Certainly not rushing."