The Must Have Dog-Sitting App
Welcome to our second week of #FurryFridays where we discuss only the best products and services for your dog child. If you love to travel like us, it can be a challenging endeavor trying to find a reliable and nurturing environment for your dog while you are away. Forget dog boarding with isolating kennels, today I would like to share a dog-sitting app that we have tried and trusted.
Presenting Rover, the largest network of 5 star pet-sitters and dog walkers. Their services encompass dog boarding, house sitting, drop-in visits, doggy day care, and dog walking. Abiding by high standards, Rover accepts less than 20% of potential sitters through a comprehensive process examining a background check, living conditions, and other personal information.
How does Rover work?
You begin by creating a profile (on desktop site or app) about your pet with pictures, size indications, general personality information, vet contact details, and any specific daily care instructions. After you have completed a profile, you can customize your location by including zip-code and start searching for sitters available for specified dates near you. Other filters that are available on the app are:
- Housing Conditions: (backyard, fence, etc.)
- Pets in the home (dogs, cats, other clients)
- Children in the home
- Additional services that the sitter can offer such as puppy care, grooming, and/or first aid
What information can I view on the sitter's profile?
- Reviews posted from previous clients
- Pictures of sitters and their homes
- A short bio often times covering what they do professionally and their daily schedule
- If it is a smoking or non-smoking household
- Approval criteria (i.e. size of dog, shedding, or specific breeds can be restricted here)
- Their rate they charge per day
Why should I use Rover over other local boarding facilities?
- Sitters stay in touch and provide updates and pictures
- You can search, book, and pay all on the app---no more calling around to check availabilities
- No kennel anxiety, your pet can feel at home
- Socialize your own pet